Laser therapy has an excellent track record in medical applications, and it has made its unmatched position by treating several dental problems. It is one among the useful adjunct to conventional routine dental care and going to be a prominent choice of dentists to deal with several dental issues.
Lasers are devices that create electromagnetic radiation which can be classified as the low powered, high powered, therapeutic or surgical.
Applications of Laser Therapy in Dentistry
- Tooth Decay: Lasers help to remove decay from a tooth and make the surrounding enamel to receive the filling.
- Gum Diseases: During the root canal procedure, this technique is used to remove the bacteria and reshape gums.
- Lesion Removal: When it comes to removing the small pieces of tissues which are known as a biopsy, the laser is the ultimate method. Besides this, laser therapy is the perfect solution to remove lesions in the mouth and get relieved of pain due to canker sores.
- Teeth Whitening: The professional dentists apply the peroxide bleaching solution on the tooth surface that is activated using laser energy. This technique speeds up your teeth whitening process.
How Laser Works in Dentistry
Lasers deliver energy in the form of light. Whether it is used for dental or surgical procedures, it works like a cutting instrument. When you use this in your teeth whitening methods, it proceeds as a heat source to improve the effects of tooth bleaching agents.
Benefits Of Laser In Dentistry
- Minimizes bleedings by supporting tissue coagulation
- Removes smear layer after tooth preparations
- Promotes healing of injured tissues and attenuate pain
- Improves the repair or remodeling of bone
So, laser therapy is a safe and effective treatment that handle several dental issues. If you want to know more about dental lasers, kindly get in touch with us.