As a successful entrepreneur and international, award winning speaker, Jo-Anne brings life, energy and inspiration to all her presentations. The veteran dental hygienist turned educator has a no-nonsense approach and dynamic speaking style that has made her one of North America’s most sought-after lecturers in the dental community. Jo-Anne has been selected as one of DPR’s Top 25 Women in Dentistry and joins the 2017 Dentistry Today CE Leaders for the 7th consecutive year.
Jo-Anne has been described as a very dynamic, knowledgeable and entertaining speaker with an ability to powerfully communicate her knowledge. Her strong and powerful message complemented by the provision of clinical and educational resources has earned many loyal followers. Jo-Anne’s gift for motivating and inspiring has catapulted her into motivational speaking for Fortune 500 companies and professional women’s groups.
Jo-Anne is a Key Opinion Leader for a number of leading corporations within the dental community including Philips Oral Healthcare, LED Imaging Inc., Orascoptic, Dentsply, Oral Science, DenMat and 3M ESPE.
- In–office experiential training program: 7 hours in duration (subject to change pending size of practice)
- Training provided by Jo-Anne Jones and/or Beth Ryerse – RDH’s training RDH’s
- Jo-Anne Jones, RDH – 2018 Dentistry Today CE Leader, DPR Top 25 Women in Dentistry, President, RDH Connection Inc.,
- Certified in Class IV & ICLE/WCLI Soft Tissue Diode Laser Use www.jo-annejones.com
- Beth Ryerse, RDH – Soft Tissue Management Specialist, International Lecturer, CDHA Board Director, Certified in Class IV
- ICLE Soft Tissue Diode Laser Use www.bethryerse.com
Upon certification the attendee will:
- Possess an understanding of laser physics and tissue interaction
- Apply the science and evidence behind laser use in dental hygiene therapy
- Understand the proper laser settings and safety of laser use
- Understand the integration of the laser into the dental hygiene appointment
- Experience the laser intraorally as well as clinically apply
- Understand the regulatory body stance related to use of lasers, codes and billing for dental hygienists
- Introduce the laser to the dental hygiene client and respond to FAQ
- Course handouts
- Goal layering activities in addition to 7 hours of training
- Skills competency exercises and hands-on training providing opportunity to be both clinician and client
- Instruction on stripping and cleaving fibre
- Set-up instruction, laser settings and laser safety
- Dental hygiene treatment protocols, suggested fees and codes for billing
- Final test & self-assessment of skill competencies
- Client introductory letter to lasers for the practice
- Certificate of completion
The pictures depict the attention to hands-on, smaller size course to ensure adequate time for each RDH. Breakout sessions include performing laser bacterial reduction on one another, final test, stripping/cleaving the fiber, case studies and set up of the laser.